Sunday, January 27, 2008

Running Out of Time

I've been trying to squeeze time in daily to do some type of physical activity. I braved the cold last week and took Rio, our dog for a walk with Tina, my wife. Each night Rio and I chase around the house and even outside today, since it got warmer.

The days keep flying by so fast. I can't believe it's almost February. Now that I'm looking for a new teaching position, most of my free time has been consumed by composing resumes, filling out applications, and organizing materials for possible interviews. Not to mention that my college course has been piling on the assignments. Trying to find time to exercise has been difficult, but it's always on my mind and I try my best to fit a little of it in my daily schedule.

Now that most of the holiday food has been consumed or thrown out, I've been eating healthier. While shopping yesterday, I even picked up some fresh fruits and vegetables. In addition to that, I cut back on buying all the junk food that kept calling my name. I felt good about my selections and determined to eat healthier foods. Now I want to continue finding new, healthy foods to add to my meals.

I'm still hoping to do a lot of camping this summer with Tina. We've already begun planning a trip back to Missouri. We lived in Jefferson City for a couple of years after our marriage before returning to Indiana, our home state. Since we've been in Indianapolis, we both have missed the beautiful state parks of Missouri. We're planning a camping trip for this summer to meet up with friends and do some hiking. I can't wait!

No comments: