Thursday, January 24, 2008

Change = Chaos

As I mentioned in my last post, the one significant change I committed to achieving is to find a more comfortable and healthier balance between work and personal life. I want to allow more time to enjoy other things, such as spending time with family and friends, and make more time for working out.

Well, since I am new to the area, I have conducted the necessary research and even toured some workout facilities in hopes of becoming a member. Unfortunately, the prices are more than what I expected. The monthly memberships are more than double what I was paying in Phoenix. That is hard to swallow, especially since the nearest facility to my home, is over 15 miles away.

I am really interested in finding a gym that has a great selection of classes to attend. I really enjoy the Yoga and Pilates classes. I find these classes to be beneficial in many ways, mental and physical. The classes allow me to mentally calm myself while working on strengthening the core muscles. Yoga is such a great practice for those living with arthritis!!

I am going to have to make a decision on a gym in the coming week, as most facilities are offering a discount if you sign up by the end of January!

No comments: