Friday, June 13, 2008

Here comes the sun

The sun is out – finally – winter this year in Oregon has been darker and colder than usual. And that has affected my mood. I grew up here. I like the rainy winters that lead to the lush green landscapes. But this year, for the first time, it got to me a bit. With the appearance of the sun today, I feel cheerier and more energetic. With warmer weather, it will be more comfortable to walk around the neighborhood, play outside with my daughter and even have a picnic at the park. So my mood is better, my energy flowing and that is actually causing me to look forward to my exercise. Just shows what a ripple affect your thoughts can have. The only change is in the weather, yet I’m thinking brighter thoughts and feeling better. Now I need to work at creating and maintaining that feeling even when the clouds move back in.

No comments: