Thursday, December 20, 2007

Enduring monumental change...

My name is Bree and I am 31 years old and living with rheumatoid arthritis. I’m a recruiter for a large financial institution and love what I do! Since I truly enjoy my job, I tend to have a very strong work ethic that does not promote a healthy work/life balance. So, the one significant change I’ve committed to achieving is to find a more comfortable and healthier balance between work and personal life. I want to allow more time to enjoy other things, such as spending time with family and friends, and make more time for working out.

Change means different things to different people. Some people embrace it and others fear it. I used to truly fear change. I liked to know when and how things were going to happen and enjoyed routine. As the years have passed, I realized that change results in development, in which we learn and grow from each occurrence!

The biggest change in my life thus far is when I received the news of my diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis. I was only 24 years old and could not understand how it could happen to me. I already had my whole life planned out and this disease did not factor into that equation. After some adjustment and realization, I decided from that point forward, I would not allow the disease to get the best of me. Maintaining that attitude throughout this greatest change has resulted in many positive outcomes – namely strength, adversity and knowledge.

In addition to coping with the disease daily, I’ve recently experienced enormous (and exciting) life changes: I got engaged, moved across country and bought my first home – all in the past month (talk about change)! It’s an exhilarating time for me and I look forward to sharing my seat on the rollercoaster of life with you through this blog!

Check back for more exciting updates on the changes occurring in my life!

No comments: