Friday, August 29, 2008

Tired from play

Today we went to the park and simply playing in the playground and getting up and down from the sandbox, wiping, lifting, hauling gear, left me feeling sore. Even the times when my daughter played independently, I found myself standing on hard cement, supervising from a distance. But standing for hours on end, and taking part in the other activities – just basic play – have worn me out and left me feeling discouraged. The last thing I want to do now is exercise. It’s been tough trying to maintain and do the things I want and need to do during the course of my regular day AND still feel good enough to exercise. Am I making excuses to get out of the a regular exercise routine? Am I weak? Some days maybe, but most days are so busy that my body literally sends off alarms by shooting pain through every joint telling me to slow down. Maybe this winter, I will consider swimming, which is not my thing, but may be more comfortable than a walk around the neighborhood on the days when my joints have had enough.

No comments: